Causes of Rear-End Car Accidents
If you were seriously hurt in a Fort Myers rear-end car crash, you need the best Fort Myers car accident lawyer in town. Rear-end car accident victims often need expensive medical treatment to recover from their injuries. They may not be able to work and struggle financially because they can’t pay their bills. If you were injured in a rear-end car crash and you don’t know what your next step is, call a Fort Myers personal injury attorney at the Wolfson Law Firm for help. We handle all of the paperwork and deal with the insurance company on your behalf. Contact us today for your free consultation. Find out how we can help you by calling 239-777-9954.Fort Myers Rear-End Car Accidents
We often think of rear-end car crashes as minor fender-benders. You feel a slight bump when the car behind you gets too close. Yet that’s not always the case. Rear-end car accidents can cause serious, even fatal, injuries. Some of the most common causes of rear-end car crashes include;
- High speed – Drivers that are driving too fast may not be able to stop in time. They can hit cars that are stopped at an intersection or slowing down to turn. A rear-end accident that is caused by high-speed can be particularly dangerous as it may push a car into oncoming traffic.
- Lack of attention – A driver that is texting, talking on the phone, or playing around with the radio can cause serious injuries as they often don’t have enough time to react to a car that is stopped or slowing down in front of them.
- Tailgating – Following too closely behind the car in front of them, the tailgating driver can easily cause an accident because they don’t have enough time to react if a car stops suddenly in front of them.
- Bad weather – Roadways can be slippery from heavy rain, making it hard for drivers to stop. They can easily slide into the car in front of them. Dense fog can interfere with a driver’s ability to see stopped cars and brake lights in front of them.
- Driver error – Drivers do make mistakes when they operate their cars. They may misjudge the distance of the car in front of them and not stop in enough time. They can confuse the gas and brake pedal.
- Mechanical failure – No, it’s not a scene out of a movie. Mechanical failures happen. A part can break or become loose. Even a mechanic that you’ve hired to fix your car can make a mistake.
Rear-end car accidents can result in neck and back injuries, whiplash, cuts and bruises, and even head trauma. Rear-end crash victims should always get checked out after an accident. The adrenaline rush from an accident can mask your injury. You may not feel anything for a few days and it may get worse if not treated promptly.Rear-End Car Accident Firm in Fort Myers
Getting into an accident is stressful enough. But if you’re injured to the point where you are unable to work, you may be going through a rough time. Accident victims are often stretched financially because they can’t go to work. You may be frustrated because you are unable to pay your basic bills since you have no money coming in. When the accident isn’t even your fault, it can feel pretty lonely if you don’t know where to go for help.
You don’t have to deal with the insurance company and paperwork alone. The Fort Myers car accident attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm have helped accident victims for over 55 years. We help people who’ve been hurt get the money they need to pay bills and put food on their table. We take on the stress that an accident brings on so that you can concentrate on getting better.
The Wolfson Law Firm is conveniently located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers. We serve clients in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach, North Fort Myers, Naples, Marco Island, and their surrounding communities. Get the help you need today by calling 239-777-9954.