Bad Weather Car Accidents
Millions of tourists are drawn to Florida every year to experience its sunny skies, refreshing beaches, and warm tropical weather. What many don’t count on is the high frequency of thunderstorms and rain, especially in the summer months. Statistically, Miami experiences rainfall an average of 135 days, which is almost 37% of the year. According to the Department of Transportation, 21% of traffic accidents across the nation are the result of poor weather with wet pavement and rain being the largest two factors.
Bad weather can result in dangerous driving conditions. It can be difficult for drivers to stop safely when streets or highways are slippery. Cars travelling on wet highways can lose control and hit another car or object if they hydroplane. Thunderstorms, lightning, hail, and heavy cloud cover can cause low visibility, which can lead to accidents.
If you were hurt in a car crash that resulted from bad weather, you may be wondering what to do next. Keep in mind that poor weather does not remove the responsibility of a driver to operate their car safely. While hazardous weather may have been a factor in the crash, it does not mean that you aren’t entitled to receive damages if you were injured. To protect your interests, it’s important to understand what your rights are and what options are available to you. Consulting a Fort Myers Bad Weather car crash lawyer can help you to recover the monetary damages to pay for any medical bills or property damage resulting from the crash. If you were hurt in a car accident, you should call the Wolfson Law Firm for help. They will review your claim, answer your questions, and guide you through the process. For a free evaluation of your case, call 239-777-9954 today.What to do after a Bad Weather Accident in Fort Myers
When you are involved in a car accident, you should check on others involved to make sure everyone is ok. If anyone was injured, you should call 911 for immediate medical attention. Follow these steps to help protect your interests;
- Get the name and insurance information for the other driver
- Write down the contact information for any witnesses to the accident
- Request a copy of the police report
- Use your phone to take pictures of the accident
- Document whatever you can remember from the accident, such as weather conditions, speed, or other factors while they are fresh in your mind
- Even if you feel ok, be sure to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. Injuries may not be apparent for a few hours, even a few days, after the accident.
These items can be helpful when you contact a Fort Myers Bad Weather car accident attorney. The personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm help victims who have been hurt in car accidents involving bad weather including;
- Fort Myers attorney for victim injured in a slippery road car crash
- Car crash caused by failure to stop at a light due to poor visibility in Fort Myers
- Lawyer for Fort Myers highway crash due to hydroplaning car
- Rear-end car accident resulting from a driver failing to stop safely during poor weather conditions
- Distracted driver causing a serious car accident in heavy rain
- Fort Myers attorney for excessive speed crash with wet road conditions
- Dangerous storm automobile accident injury lawyer in Fort Myers
- Head-on collision caused by a hydroplaning car
- Driver losing control of their car while making erratic lane changes in a thunderstorm
- Texting driver causing a car crash when roads are slippery
- Failure to operate a car with due care injury crash in heavy rain
- Victim injured when hit by a hydroplaning car
- T-bone car crash resulting from a failure to stop at a red light
Injured victims who attempt to negotiate a settlement in a car accident during bad weather may find themselves settling for an amount that is less than what they are owed. While poor weather may have played a factor in an accident, drivers still have the responsibility to operate their cars with reasonable care. Without the help of a Fort Myers car crash lawyer, victims who have been hurt in a car crash may not receive the maximum amount of monetary damages that they deserve. To protect your interests, contact the Wolfson Law Firm today for help if you’ve been injured in a bad weather car accident.
The Wolfson Law Firm is conveniently located in Fort Myers as well as in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. We serve injured victims throughout Florida including Lehigh Acres, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, North Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Golden Gate, Marco Island, Immokalee and Bonita Springs. If you were hurt in a car crash, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case at 239-777-9954.