Bad Weather Car Accidents
Millions of tourists are drawn to Florida every year to experience its sunny skies, refreshing beaches, and warm tropical weather. What many don’t count on is the high frequency of thunderstorms and rain, especially in the summer months. Statistically, Miami experiences rainfall an average of 135 days, which is almost 37% of the year. According to the Department of Transportation, 21% of traffic accidents across the nation are the result of poor weather with wet pavement and rain being the largest two factors.
Bad weather can result in dangerous driving conditions. It can be difficult for drivers to stop safely when streets or highways are slippery. Cars travelling on wet highways can lose control and hit another car or object if they hydroplane. Thunderstorms, lightning, hail, and heavy cloud cover can cause low visibility, which can lead to accidents.
If you were hurt in a car crash that resulted from bad weather, you may be wondering what to do next. Keep in mind that poor weather does not remove the responsibility of a driver to operate their car safely. While hazardous weather may have been a factor in the crash, it does not mean that you aren’t entitled to receive damages if you were injured. To protect your interests, it’s important to understand what your rights are and what options are available to you. Consulting a Fort Myers Bad Weather car crash lawyer can help you to recover the monetary damages to pay for any medical bills or property damage resulting from the crash. If you were hurt in a car accident, you should call Wolfson & Leon for help. They will review your claim, answer your questions, and guide you through the process. For a free evaluation of your case, call 239-777-9954 today.What to do after a Bad Weather Accident in Fort Myers
When you are involved in a car accident, you should check on others involved to make sure everyone is ok. If anyone was injured, you should call 911 for immediate medical attention. Follow these steps to help protect your interests;
- Get the name and insurance information for the other driver
- Write down the contact information for any witnesses to the accident
- Request a copy of the police report
- Use your phone to take pictures of the accident
- Document whatever you can remember from the accident, such as weather conditions, speed, or other factors while they are fresh in your mind
- Even if you feel ok, be sure to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. Injuries may not be apparent for a few hours, even a few days, after the accident.
These items can be helpful when you contact a Fort Myers Bad Weather car accident attorney. The personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon help victims who have been hurt in car accidents involving bad weather including;
- Fort Myers attorney for victim injured in a slippery road car crash
- Car crash caused by failure to stop at a light due to poor visibility in Fort Myers
- Lawyer for Fort Myers highway crash due to hydroplaning car
- Rear-end car accident resulting from a driver failing to stop safely during poor weather conditions
- Distracted driver causing a serious car accident in heavy rain
- Fort Myers attorney for excessive speed crash with wet road conditions
- Dangerous storm automobile accident injury lawyer in Fort Myers
- Head-on collision caused by a hydroplaning car
- Driver losing control of their car while making erratic lane changes in a thunderstorm
- Texting driver causing a car crash when roads are slippery
- Failure to operate a car with due care injury crash in heavy rain
- Victim injured when hit by a hydroplaning car
- T-bone car crash resulting from a failure to stop at a red light
Injured victims who attempt to negotiate a settlement in a car accident during bad weather may find themselves settling for an amount that is less than what they are owed. While poor weather may have played a factor in an accident, drivers still have the responsibility to operate their cars with reasonable care. Without the help of a Fort Myers car crash lawyer, victims who have been hurt in a car crash may not receive the maximum amount of monetary damages that they deserve. To protect your interests, contact Wolfson & Leon today for help if you’ve been injured in a bad weather car accident.
Wolfson & Leon is conveniently located in Fort Myers as well as in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. We serve injured victims throughout Florida including Lehigh Acres, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, North Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Golden Gate, Marco Island, Immokalee and Bonita Springs. If you were hurt in a car crash, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case at 239-777-9954.FAQ
My Family was Severely Hurt When We Were Rear-Ended by a Car That Didn’t Couldn’t Stop due to Slippery Road Conditions. Can I sue for Damages to pay for Our Medical Bills?
If you get hurt in a car accident that was not your fault, typically, you would go through your automobile insurance policy to recover money to pay for your medical bills and property damage. But if the injuries are extensive, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover money to pay for your bills. It’s a good idea to consult a Fort Myers car accident lawyer when your injuries are severe and prevent you from working. Seeking legal advice will help you recover damages for medical treatment, future care, pain and suffering, and to replace lost wages.
How Long can I Wait Before I File a Lawsuit if I Was Injured in a Car Accident?
You have up to four years from the date of the car accident to file a claim in Florida. You may only pursue a claim if your injuries are permanent. Suppose your injuries are severe enough to pursue legal remedies beyond your car insurance, engaging a Fort Myers personal injury lawyer to represent your interests with the other driver’s insurance company can help when negotiating a settlement. Even though you have four years to file a claim, waiting to do so can work against you. So, it’s helpful to know what your legal options are early on.
How do I Find The Best bad Weather Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Myers?
When you’ve been seriously hurt in a bad weather car crash, finding the best lawyer to represent your rights can make a big difference in your settlement. The best car accident lawyer is someone that you trust to represent your interests. Learn about the prospective lawyer by asking them about their background, experience, and education. Find out how they would approach your case if you engage their firm. Ask questions about who you will talk to in the firm and what you can expect from them. Choosing the best lawyer to represent your rights comes down to picking the attorney or firm that you are comfortable working with.