Blind Spot Accidents
Blind spots are the areas on the road that a driver can’t easily see. If a driver fails to check their blind spots when operating their vehicle, they can hit another car, person, or object causing serious injury to those around them. This can happen when the driver tries to switch lanes, go in reverse, or pull out into traffic. If the driver is travelling at a high speed or turning into oncoming traffic, a blind spot can cause a serious accident.
People can sustain serious injuries in a blind spot car accident such as head trauma, broken bones, internal bleeding, or even be crushed if they are run over. These injuries can be extensive and life-altering. Victims and their families who are impacted by a blind spot car accident are not only dealing with the physical and emotional pain of the accident, they often experience financial stress due to the high cost of medical treatment and recovery.
If you or a family member was hurt in a blind spot car crash, you should seek the help of a Fort Myers blind spot car crash lawyer. Insurance companies often push injured victims to settle quickly in order to keep their payouts low. Victims who are dealing with the financial strain that the accident has placed on their lives may want to just settle and get this over with. Early settlements are typically not in the best interest of the victim. If the recovery time is longer than expected or more medical care is needed, a victim may not have enough money to pay for these. This is where a personal injury lawyer can help. They can assess your case and pursue the maximum amount of monetary damages available.
A Fort Myers personal injury lawyer will take care of filing your case and will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. They are also skilled in representing your rights in court if necessary. Victims can focus their energy on getting better while your personal injury attorney focuses on getting you justice. If you were hurt in a car accident, contact the Fort Myers blind spot accident lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm for your free case consultation. Call us today at 239-777-9954.What is a Blind Spot Accident?
Blind spots are areas around the car that the driver can’t see without using a mirror. They often span the sides and rear of a car where drivers need to use mirrors or turn their heads to see. Some of the most common blind spot accidents include;
- Hitting the car next to them - If a car changes lanes without carefully checking the blind spots, they can hit a car travelling next to them. This risk is magnified with larger vehicles, such as commercial trucks, as the blind spots are even larger and more dangerous.
- Going in reverse – The rear of the car has a blind spot. With more people opting for SUVs, the blind spot is larger. If the driver doesn’t turn their head and check the rearview mirror as they are backing out, they can hit cars, bicycles, or people walking behind the car.
- Pulling out into traffic – Blind spots also exist in the front of a car. The large pillars that surround the windshield can block the front view of the driver. This can be particularly dangerous if a driver is making a turn into oncoming traffic and the pillar is blocking their view.
The Wolfson Law Firm defends the rights of victims who have been injured in blind spot car crashes. We represent clients in a variety of accidents such as;
- Fort Myers lawyer for blind spot car crash injury
- Parking lot blind spot accident injury attorney in Fort Myers
- Fort Myers car accident caused by a driver failing to check their blind spot before changing lanes
- Child hit by a car backing out of a parking spot at the grocery store
- Automobile accident involving a motorcycle hit when travelling in a blind spot
- Large commercial truck blind spot injury accident attorney in Fort Myers
- Fort Myers attorney for right-hand turn blind spot car accident
- Bicyclist injured when hit by a driver failing to check side blind spots
- SUV blind spot injury crash in Fort Myers
- Car accident caused by a driver failing to check their blind spot when pulling out into traffic
- Pedestrian hit by a car backing out of a driveway in Fort Myers
Whether you are in a parking lot, driving down the road, or backing out of your driveway, blind spot car accidents can happen anywhere. Since 1963, the Wolfson Law Firm has represented injured victims of car accidents to help them recover the compensation they need for medical bills, physical rehabilitation, and continuing care. We serve the communities located in and around our offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you don’t pay a fee for our services unless you win a settlement in your case. Our Fort Myers blind spot accident lawyers are always available to answer your questions and walk you through the specifics of filing a case. For your free consultation, call the Wolfson Law Firm today at 239-777-9954. We serve the good people of Naples, North Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, Golden Gate, Marco Island, Cape Coral, Estero and Fort Myers Beach.FAQ
What are Blind Spot Car Accidents and Why are They Dangerous?
A blind spot is any place around the car that you can’t see easily with your eyes or mirrors. Instead, you must turn your head and physically check for any obstacles, such as cars, bikes, or pedestrians, in your blind spot. While every vehicle has a blind spot, those that are larger or taller tend to have more blind spots.
A blind spot car accident is dangerous because the driver must take their eyes off the road to check the area around their vehicle. Since drivers may have only a second or two to dart their eyes away from the road in front of them, they may not have enough time to check their blind spots before changing lanes or turning them thoroughly. They may hit another car, bicycle, motorcycle, or pedestrian if they can’t see them. Drivers that are backing out of parking spots or driveways must also check their blind spots to avoid hitting cars or pedestrians.
When do Blind Spot Car Crashes Happen?
Blind spot car accidents are common when a driver changes their lane. A driver must make sure that there are no obstacles in their blind spot before they switch lanes or merge into traffic. When they fail to do so, they may hit another car, bicycle, or motorcycle that is traveling next to them. Drivers that make erratic lane changes put others at risk on the road.
A blind spot crash may also happen when a driver is backing out of a parking space or driveway. If they do not thoroughly check the blind spots around and behind their car, they could hit a pedestrian, bicyclist, or vehicle that is traveling behind them.
How do I Find The Best Fort Myers Blind Spot Car Accident Lawyer?
When you’ve been seriously hurt in a blind spot car crash, you need the best Fort Myers, personal injury lawyer, to represent you. It’s best to consult an attorney who specialized in automobile accident claims as they familiar with the laws and used to negotiating settlements with insurance companies. Schedule a free consultation with a blind spot accident lawyer to discuss the specifics of your accident. They can evaluate the circumstances and let you know if you have a case to pursue. During your free case evaluation, be sure to ask the attorney about their expertise and experience in personal injury law. Taking the time to learn about the personal injury attorney will help you choose the best blind spot car accident lawyer to defend your rights.