North Fort Myers Publix Accident
With various fresh produce and quality products, thousands of people flock to Publix Super Markets every day. Whether you are running in to pick up a few items for dinner or on your weekly shopping run, Publix Super Markets are known for their cleanliness and convenient locations.
Yet grocery stores pose unique hazards to customers. Slick floors, wet entrances, and debris in the walkway may result in a slip and fall accident. According to the National Safety Council, over eight million people were treated for injuries related to falls in 2019.
Not every North Fort Myers slip and fall accident results in a severe injury. But if you've been badly hurt in a slip and fall accident at Publix, you should speak with a best North Fort Myers personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You may require extensive medical care or lose your income for a time while you recover.
The Wolfson Law Firm helps people injured in slips and falls, car crashes, and other accidents. Our free consultation costs you nothing to learn what rights you have when you have been hurt. Call us today at (239) 777-9954 to learn more.Publix Super Market Accidents
In 1930, George Jenkins took his savings and opened the first Publix Food Store. The grocery store stood out for its cleanliness, quality products, and shared ownership with employees. What began as a single-store location in Winter Haven is now the largest employee-owned company in the country.
North Fort Myers has three Publix locations:
- Publix at Eagle Landing: 6700 Bayshore Road
- Shoppes at Del Prado: 17960 N. Tamiami Trail
- Orange Grove Center: 4065 Hancock Bridge Parkway
Slip and fall accidents can be especially damaging because they occur when you least expect them. Shoppers may slip if they cannot see the pool of water caused by a leaking or broken bottle. Fresh fruits and vegetables that are dropped and stepped on can leave a slippery film on the floor if it is not cleaned up promptly. A floor that has just been mopped can be dangerous for a customer if the employee forgets to use a sign to warn shoppers of the hazard.
A slip and fall accident may result in severe and debilitating injuries. Customers may suffer from a variety of injuries, including.
- Traumatic brain injury: A slip and fall accident may result in serious head injuries if you hit your head on the floor, ground, or another sharp object, such as a countertop or table.
- Broken bones: An estimated 5% of slip and fall accidents result in a broken or fractured bone. Hip fractures and broken arms or legs are common injuries when you fall.
- Sprained wrists or ankles: If you try to catch yourself from falling, the pressure placed on your wrists or ankles may result in a severe sprain.
- Torn ligaments and pulled muscles: Your instinct is to keep from getting hurt when you fall. However, the twisting motion of a fall result in torn ligaments, stretched tendons, and pulled muscles.
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations: People who fall may cut themselves on shelves, counters, or other hard objects as they fall. The impact of a person's body hitting the ground or another object may result in bruises.
People who get hurt in a fall may not report it. They may think they were just clumsy, or the accident was their fault. But if you fell at a Publix or any other grocery store, you may be faced with costly medical treatment. You may be unable to work while you recover. Not only are you dealing with pain from your injuries, but you may also be financially stretched as a result.
You don't have to face this alone. At the Wolfson Law Firm, we work on behalf of our clients to secure the best settlement possible to help during their recovery. We evaluate your case at no cost and let you know what legal action may be available to you. Since our North Fort Myers personal injury attorneys work on a contingent-fee basis, you don't need to worry about paying for legal help until your case is settled.
If you fell at a North Fort Myers Publix Super Market, the Wolfson Law Firm may be able to help you. Find out more about your rights by calling us today at (239) 777-9954.