Punta Gorda Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
People get hurt in slips and falls more frequently than you may think. The National Floor and Safety Institute estimates that over 1 million hospital visits result from slip and fall accidents every year. The impact of a fall may result in broken bones and cause severe injury to a person's head, back, and neck.
For over 55 years, the Punta Gorda personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm have advocated for people injured in slip and fall, automobile, and other accidents. We represent the interests of our clients as we work to settle your case. If needed, our Punta Gorda personal injury attorneys can defend your rights if your case goes to trial. Accident victims have rights. Find out what yours are by calling the Wolfson Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation at at 239-777-9954.Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents may happen anywhere. You could be browsing the aisles of your local grocery store, walking into a shopping mall, or sitting down for dinner at a local restaurant.
Wet, slippery floors are a common cause of slip and fall injuries. Spilled drinks, leaking refrigerators, and splashing rainwater from the outside make walking surfaces slick. Aside from wet floors, there are many other reasons people slip and fall.
- Loose or torn surfaces – Floormats that slide when people walk on them, carpet tears, and loose floorboards can cause people to lose their balance and fall.
- Multiple walking surfaces – Whether you are walking into a store, restaurant, or some other establishment, you may notice different types of flooring. The change in texture can cause people to slip and fall as they walk from a carpeted floor onto tile or wood.
- Debris – A person may slip and fall if receipts, loose paper, or packing materials, such as plastic wrap lying on the floor. Additionally, produce that has fallen onto the floor may be stepped on, leaving a slippery film behind. If not cleaned up promptly, this clear residue can make a floor slick.
- Outdoor walkways – Leaves and dirt that become wet from the rain can make sidewalks and other outdoor walkways very slippery.
- Poorly-maintained walkways and stairs – People can slip and fall when walking paths and stairs aren't properly kept. Missing handrails or slick stairs that don't have the proper grip can cause someone to fall.
Even if you feel ok after a slip and fall, it's always a good idea to get checked out by a healthcare professional. Although you may feel fine, some injuries are not apparent until hours or days later. You risk making an injury worse if you don't get treatment.Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda is a quiet residential community with over 20,000 residents. Punta Gorda has become a popular place for retirees with an average resident's age exceeding 66 years old. You'll find such attractions as the Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park, the Punta Gorda Nature Park, and the Saint Andrews South Golf Club.
The Wolfson Law Firm assists victims injured in a variety of slippery and fall accidents such as;
- Punta Gorda attorney for a victim injured in a slip and fall accident
- Punta Gorda gas station slip and fall injury attorney
- Loose produce slip and fall accident in a Punta Gorda grocery store
- Wet convenience store slip and fall accident in Punta Gorda
- Serious slip and fall injury caused by standing water in a grocery store
- Punta Gorda attorney for victim hurt when slipping in a stairwell
- Lawyer for shopper injured in a Port Charlotte mall slip and fall accident
- Punta Gorda office building fall injury due to uneven flooring
- Spilled liquid slip and fall injury at a local Punta Gordan restaurant
- Slip and fall accident at a Punta Gorda coffee shop
- Punta Gorda accident attorney for grocery store fall accident caused by leaking plastic container
- Attorney for a victim injured when slipping on uneven flooring in a Punta Gorda department store
For over 55 years, the Punta Gorda personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm have worked for slip and fall accident victims. Our team of attorneys work tirelessly to help our clients recover the monetary damages needed for costly treatment, future care, medical transportation, and lost income.
The Wolfson Law Firm proudly represents the residents of Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Grove City, Englewood, and their surrounding communities. Speak to a personal injury attorney at the Wolfson Law Firm today for a free evaluation of your case at at 239-777-9954.