North Port Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents may happen at any time or place. What can make accidents so devastating is that they often occur as we go about our daily activities. You may be shopping for groceries, dining out at a local restaurant, or dropping the kids off at school when an accident happens. While an accident may result in nothing more than a few scrapes and bruises, a serious accident can change a person’s way of life.
If you or a family member has been severely hurt in an accident, it is helpful to seek legal help from the best North Port personal injury lawyer that you can summon. You may have the right to recover compensation to pay for your losses. While that may not take away the pain you have endured because of your injury, it can help know that your family's finances won't suffer due to someone else's negligence.
For almost 60 years, the Wolfson Law Firm has dedicated its practice to defending people gravely hurt in accidents. We help families recover what has been lost and get their lives back on track. Our North Port personal injury attorneys take care of the paperwork and phone calls for you. To help you recover what is due to you, we build your case and negotiate a settlement with your best interests in mind. Should your lawsuit go to trial, our North Port personal injury attorneys can defend your rights in court.
You may be hesitant to call if you think you contributed to the accident or if you think you can't pay for legal advice. With our free consultation, you get your questions answered and learn what legal options you might have without worrying about how you will pay for it. Contact the Wolfson Law Firm today at 239-777-9954.North Port Personal Injury Accident
Established in 1959, North Port is a residential community located in Sarasota County. The city has quiet neighborhoods, good schools, and extensive parks. North Port is known for its artesian spring, thousands of acres of woods, and miles of freshwater canals. North Port is also the spring training home for the Atlanta Braves.
If you were injured in a North Port car crash, slip and fall, or other accident that was not your fault, you might be wondering what legal choices are available to recover what you have lost. The damages you may be entitled to often depend on the nature of your accident and the extent of your injuries. North Port accident victims may be able to recover compensation to pay for;
- Medical treatment: Common medical expenses include emergency room visits, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and medication.
- Continuing care: If the damage from the accident results in permanent injuries, you may need in-home help and ongoing medical treatment.
- Lost wages: People with severe injuries may be unable to work during their recovery. The loss of income can cause an immense strain on the household, especially if the injured person is the prime income source for the family.
- Future loss of earnings: It is possible that your injuries may be so extensive that you may be unable to continue in your current job or profession.
- Pain and suffering: Depending on the severity of the damage and how it affects your future, you could be entitled to added compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured because of the accident.
Accidents take us by surprise. We don't expect to get hurt as we are going to the store or driving to work. But when accidents do occur, there are some steps you can take to start documenting what happened.
- When you have been injured, you need to report the accident to the store manager, property owner, or the employee in charge. You must notify them as quickly as possible and ask for copies of any reports or forms that they fill out.
- Taking pictures of the accident location can be helpful. Use your phone to document critical parts that may have contributed to the accident, such as debris on the ground or missing signs.
- Take down the names, email addresses, and phone numbers for anyone who saw the accident or any employees you may have spoken with.
- When possible, write down what you can remember about the accident. Over time, you could forget critical details that may be fresh in your memory now.
- Get medical help. Seek emergency treatment immediately for severe or life-threatening injuries. For all other injuries, you should see a doctor as soon as possible to prevent any further damage.
For almost 60 years, our personal injury team has worked with victims injured by automobile crashes, medical malpractice, dangerous products, and slips and falls. You can call us for free to find out if you have a case. Should you decide to pursue a lawsuit, our North Port personal injury lawyers charge no legal fees unless we settle your claim.
The Wolfson Law Firm serves the residents of North Port and its neighboring communities of Port Charlotte, Englewood, Punta Gorda, and Rotunda. Call the North Port personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm today at 239-777-9954.